Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ramayana characters by our kids

Scene settings for the Ramayana characters

1. Three Queens introducing sons
Dialogue:
Kausalya – This is my son Ram (the girls can have a toy baby in her hand)
Keikeyi – This is my son Bharata
Sumitra – This is my twin sons Lakshman and Satruguna

2. Introducing the Four brothers and wife Sita
Dialogue:
Rama – I am Ram. I am first son of King Dasarath.
Bharatha– I am Bharatha. I am second son of King Dasarath.
Lakshman– I am Lakshman. I am third son of King Dasarath.
Satruguna – I am Satruguna. I am fourth son of King Dasarath.
Sita – I am Sita. I am here to serve Ram

3. Rama breaking the bow
Dialogue: No
Action: Offering prayers and pretending to life the bow and break it

4. Bharata calling Ram back to the palace
Dialogue:
Bharatha – Dear brother Ram, please come back to Ayodhya
Ram – I cannot come to Ayodhya because I need to listen to fathers words
Lakshman – I will stay with Ram
5. Rama, Ahilya, Lakshmana (Optional), Viswamitra (Optional)
Dialogue:
No dialogue
Action:
Ahilya sitting like a stone (kids would know this as freeze game) Rama touching Ahilya and she offers prayers

6. Janaka – Feeling sad that nobody is able to lift the bow
Dialogue:
Janaka - So many kings and princes are here. But no one could break the bow?

7. Keikeyi– Asking for two boons
Dialogue:
Keikeyi – I need two boons. I want Rama to go to forest and Bharata to be the king

8. Rama, Sita – talking to each other
Dialogue:
Rama – Sita please stay in the palace
Sita – I will come with you to the forest

9. Dasaratha – Feeling sad in seperation
Dialogue:
Dasaratha - How could I live without Ram?

10. Bharata feeling sad for his mom
Dialogue:
Bharata – Mom, what you did is wrong. Brother Rama should be the king
Keikeyi – I have done this because this is good for you

11. Rama Sita – Showing the beautiful dear
Dialogue:
Sita- Look over there, there is a golden dear. It is very beautiful. Can I have it?
Ram – Sure I will get it for you

12. Mareech – calling for help in Rama’s voice
Dialogue:
Mareech – Lakshmana please help

13. Hanuman, Rama, Lakshman – Meeting together
Dialogue:
Rama – Who are you?
Hanuman- I am hanuman, minister of Sugreeva
Lakshman – I see (optional)

14. Jambavan,– Revealing about Hanuman
Dialogue:
Jambavan- You can go over the sea, you have unique speed.

15. Hanuman – Firing Lanka
Dialogue:
Hanuman – They put fire in my tail. I am going to set fire to Lanka

16. Hanuman meeting Sita
Dialogue:
Sita – Who is it singing about Ram here
Hanuman – I am singing about Ram. I am his humble servant

17. Lava, Kusha
Dialogue:
Lav, Kusha – Jai sita ram, Jai sita ram

18. Hanuman meets Sita (Sita, Hanuman is optional)
Dialogue:
Sita - I am so happy to see you Hanuman. I am waiting for Lord Ram to come.

19. Sita in Ashoka Van
Dialogue:
Oh Lord Ram please come and take me from here

20. Sita talking to Ravana (sita, Ravana - Optional)
Dialogue:
Ravana - (The kid will be dressed up like a brahmana)
Mata, Can I have something to eat? I am hungry.
Sita - Sure, I cannot come out, you please come inside the line.

21. Lakshman talking to Sita
Dialogue:
Lakshman - Mata, please do not cross this line. I am going to find Ram
Sita - Ok I will not cross the line

3 comments:

Jey said...

thanks for this post.
i was searching for some ideas for my kid for Ramayana character's fancy dress competition.

schoolsaamaan said...

Fancy dress is one of the most exciting things for young ones.
Buy school uniform online|Fancy Dress Costumes Online india

Unknown said...

I need only of sita dialogue it's a solo character competition