Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weekly update - Jan 31 2010

Dear parents,

Hare Krishna.

I am very happy to see lots of kids are coming regularly which brings out the rhythm in the class.

Vaishnava pranama:
vāñchā-kalpatarubhyaś ca
kṛpā-sindhubhya eva ca
patitānāḿ pāvanebhyo
vaiṣṇavebhyo namo namaḥ

Translation:
I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaiṣṇava devotees of the Lord. They can fulfill the desires of everyone, just like desire trees, and they are full of compassion for the fallen souls.

We will move on with 10.10 sloka next week. We will continue with the pastimes of Krishna story next week also.

For parents:
From this week there will be homework sloka for the kids. Whoever tells the sloka fully without help, will get a coin from me. If they collect 5 coins and on the day they get to the treasure box they have to recite all the 5 slokas continously.

For kids who try and dont complete the sloka will get the "good job" stickers.

HOMEWORK
janma karma ca me divyam
evaḿ yo vetti tattvataḥ
tyaktvā dehaḿ punar janma
naiti mām eti so 'rjuna

Translation:
One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.

The video is embedded here

No comments: