Monday, June 15, 2009

Drama 1 - Appearance of Lord Krishna

Appearance of Lord Krishna
Scene 1
Narration:
Long long ago the world was over burdened with the rule of demoniac kings.
They were harassing the good people and the sages and were ruling the world with the help of their demoniac friends.
So the planet Earth, Bhumi devi went to Lord Brahma to tell her problems. Lord Brahma went to the abode of Lord Vishnu with the demigods. The supreme personality of Godhead Krishna said he would personally appear to protect his devotees and kill the demons.

###music for wedding###

Narration continues:
In the city of Matura there was joy and happiness. The city was in festive mood and decorated very well. Vasudeva the son of surasena married Devaki, the sister of Kamsa….

###wedding music continues…###

Kamsa – Oh Devaki and my dear friend Vasudev, it is my duty to leave you both in your new home.

###They keep walking around the stage… happy music continues###

Voice – Kamsa, you are such a fool, you are so affectionate to your sister, but her eighth son will kill you.

###Shocking music###

Kamsa – (Shocked, he looks at his sister… ) I am all powerful and no one can kill me. I will destroy them. Even if it is my dear sister devaki.

Devaki – (crying) No dear brother, please don’t do that I never will wish any harm come to you.

Vasudev – Wait Kamsa. You can’t do that, she is your younger sister. You have to take care of her and not kill her like this. If there are any sons born to us we will give them to you. You can do whatever you want with them

Kamsa – Alright I will keep you both in prison and you don’t try to play tricks with me. (Clap the hands) Guards… Imprison them.

Scene 2

Narration:
In this way Vasudev gave all the babies born to them. Kamsa killed them all. Lord Vishnu appeared in front of Vasudev and devaki.

###music for the appearance for Lord Vishnu###

Vasudev – My Lord, you are the supreme personality of God head and you have appeared to kill all the demons. But now, Kamsa killed all of your brothers. If he sees you now he will harm you.

Vishnu – Do not worry, I am here to take care of everything. Now as I say put me in the basket and carry me across the Yamuna river and leave me with Nanda Mahraja. You bring the baby girl born to Yashoda back with you.

Narration:
Thus Lord Krishna transformed himself into the most beautiful baby dressed in yellow silk and wearing beautiful jewels.
And this day we celeberate as Janmashtami or the appearance of Lord Krishna.

Scene 3

Narration:
(The action is done as narration is going on.)

Vasudeva followed the instructions given by the Lord, took the new born child from the prison, the door keepers fell asleep, he stepped out of the prison and crossed river Yamuna. River Yamuna gave way to Vasudeva and allowed him to cross.

He reached Nanda Mahraj’s house.

Vasudeva – (talking to himself in mind) All the men are sleeping I will place this baby and take the baby girl to the prison house or Kamsa.

(Action - He keeps the Lord and takes the baby girl and reaches the prison)

Scene 4

Narration:
Nanda maharaj performed a gorgeous ceremony for the birth of his new born child. The gopas and gopis went to see the new born child with presents.
Yashoda- Welcome Vasuda, please come and see my baby.

Nanda Mahraj-Welcome my dear friends

Yashoda – My dear Vasudha please come and see my Krishna

Gopi 1- May you become the king of Vraja and protect all of us.

(action – sprinkle a mixture of turmeric powder, oil and water upon the baby and offer prayers)

###music ending with festive sound###
###music for yashomati nandana song starts###

No comments: